In this era, a kitchen has become the heart of the house to many homeowners. It is where many people start and end their day. The glory of the kitchen will depend on the equipment in use. Memories are created by the quality of meals taken. If you are looking forward to serving your guests and family with delicious meals free from excess fat, go for the best Air Fryer. With the best air gryer, be sure to cook tasty meals within the shortest time possible. Here are some facts why you should have an air fryer.
- 1 Best Air Fryers In The UK
- 2 What Is An Air Fryer?
- 3 How Does An Air Fryer Work?
- 4 How Healthy Is An Air Fryer?
- 5 Does An Air Fryer Use Radiation?
- 6 Benefits Of Using Air Fryer
- 7 How To Buy The Best Air Fryer
- 8 Top 5 Best Air Fryer Reviews In The UK
- 9 Which Is The Best Air Fryer?
- 10 Final Conclusion
Best Air Fryers In The UK
Duronic AF1 /B
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen gadget that is used for cooking by using circulation of heated air. It offers tasty and healthy food that contains less oil. This technology allows air to circulate to high degrees to cook or fry food such as fish, chicken, chips and a lot more. It cooks food that contains very little fat as compared to the old method of deep frying.
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
An Air Fryer uses rapid technology to cook any kind of food cooked by dunking in deep fat. The appliance works by circulating air to very high degrees of up to 200°C.
You only need one tablespoon of oil to produce the same crispy layer as a deep fryer. The cooking chamber in the appliance radiates heat generated from heating elements near the food thus making it cook appropriately.
Above the cooking chamber, there is an exhaust fan that assists in providing the needed airflow coming from outside. This allows the heated air to pass through the food constantly.
And also, each part of the food is able to get the equal heating temperature.
How Healthy Is An Air Fryer?
An Air Fryer reduces up to 80% of the fat contents of food that you would dunk in fat. The food produced has the same crispy that other fryers produced, but it reduces massive amounts of calories and fats. It cooks much healthier food than traditionally fried foods. Food produced has a better texture and taste than that deep fried.
Does An Air Fryer Use Radiation?
Air Fryer uses super-fast/super heated air instead of using fat to cook food. The food cooked has the same fatty taste but with no oil. Air fryers use hot air to cook meals that you would traditionally dunk in fat. It circulates air up to 200°C.
Benefits Of Using Air Fryer
Using air fryer to cook your food will reduce the chances of getting various health problems. Consuming a lot of calories can lead to diseases such as hypertension, obesity, and cancer.
These gadgets use very little oil, and so the food does not contain a lot of fat. Air fryer comes along with many benefits as compared to the traditional method of cooking.
Using these machines enables you to cook very fast thus saving you a lot of time. It is also very healthy and environmental friendly since they are odour free. Here are the benefits of using an Air Fryer
- Low-fat meals.
- Low cholesterol.
- Help reduce weight as it reduces the amount of calories and fat.
- Food produced is much healthier than that of a deep fryer.
- Unlike other standard fryers, it produces food without using unhealthy additives.
- Produces tasty food.
- An Air Fryer cooks food quickly.
- Food cooked by an Air Fryer is not dry on the inside.
- Air Fryer comes with a timer thus cooking is made more convenient.
- Uses hot air circulation thus cooks food from all angles.
- Cooks different meals and uses less oil if need be.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Safe to use.
- Takes less space.
How To Buy The Best Air Fryer
Each Air fryer has its own unique features. As such, choosing the best can be a challenge. Your budget and needs will guide on the best air fryer to buy. Below are some of the things to consider when choosing an Air fryer.
Air Fryers come in different sizes. There are those that are pretty slim and portable while others are big and bulky. Get to choose the ideal size that goes along with your family eating needs as well as your cooking style. Therefore, the right Air Fryer for you will depend on the number of people you have. Your kitchen space will dictate the right Air Fryer you should have.
Each piece of equipment has unique features. There are those Fryers that are noisy than others. Also, there are those that have digital control features and make cooking easy. The digital control features should be a key determinant when choosing a Fryer. It is advisable that you choose one with an adjustable temperature control, air circulating system or rapid air technology, and a closed cooking system so that you can get the best results.
Electrical appliances are known to consume a lot of energy. It is crucial to consider power as Air Fryers operate on electricity. Ensure that you have enough electricity because failure to that you can end up creating electric shock and other damages. The power range of many Air Fryers is between 700-1500 watts. Take your time and choose that Fryer that suits you best.
When purchasing an Air Fryer, it is crucial that you choose one depending on the type of food you want to cook and how much food. Most standard Air Fryers have the capacity to cook between 1.8-2.5 pounds per meal. However, there are larger air fryers with a higher capacity to suit those with a higher serving.
Weight and Portability
The weight of a standard air fryer ranges from 1-1.5 kg. Most of these are not bulky and can have a good fit in your kitchen despite its size. To avoid much hassle, it is good to choose that appliance you can conveniently store in your cabinets or move out with in case of a family retreat.
Top 5 Best Air Fryer Reviews In The UK
Here is a list of five Air Fryers that can meet your cooking needs in a very convenient way.
1. Philips HD 9240/90 Collection Air Fryer
If you have never used an Air Fryer, this is one of the most comfortable Air fryers you can have. If you are buying it to cook chips, be sure it will never disappoint you. The appliance has a lot to offer to creative and an explorative cook.
It significantly reduces the use of fat to about 80%. It cooks very quickly, and you can cook a variety of dishes such as fish fingers, roasted vegetables, bacon, and potato croquettes.
- It uses rapid air technology. This technology allows users to roast, bake, fry and grill tasty meals and snacks with fewer calories and less smell.
- The machine has a special Philips design that drains excess fat from any sort of food during cooking.
- Comes with a digital screen to ease the control of temperature and time.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with a recipe booklet.
- User manual.
- Takes lower energy.
- Expensive than some fryers.
If you are looking for an air fryer that is easy to use and convenient, go for Philips collection Fryer. The fryer features a digital screen that allows you to control temperature and time. It is one of the portable fryers and has has an excellent capacity of 3 litres thus ideal if you have a big family.
2. Philips HD 9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Air Fryer
This appliance can cook everything ranging from potatoes, chicken, sausages, to fish fingers. This Air Fryer can cook almost everything that you cook in the oven. This fryer makes cooking convenient and hassles free.
- It has an adjustable temperature control that allows the user to pre-set the cooking temperature.
- It has an integrated timer with an auto-off function that includes a sound indicator.
- Comes with a recipe booklet.
- Has a reasonable weight.
- Easy set up.
- Comes with a manual.
- Easy to clean.
- Smaller workplace.
- At times, the timer can fail to start.
- Not very durable.
This air fryer is very easy to use as it comes with a manual. It is ideal to people with a small kitchen. It is portable as it has a reasonable weight. If you want a fryer that will consume less energy, I recommended that you go with this option.
3. Tower T14004 Low Fat Rapid Air Fryer with Digital Timer
If you want to cook healthy and tasty food for your partner or family, this is an ideal fryer for the job. You can do the cooking very fast and attend to other chores. It can be used for up to 5 servings. This is one piece of kitchen equipment that you will love to use daily.
- It comes with a digital timer to make cooking simple.
- Rapid air circulating system that saves energy and cooks fast.
- Easy clean and dishwasher safer parts.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Smart and takes less space.
- Saves oil costs and energy.
- Takes a short duration to heat up.
- Cooks dryer chips than other fryers.
Tower Air Fryer is a perfect solution to those who are looking for an appliance that takes a short duration to heat up. It is one of the must-have pieces in the kitchen as it is smart and can help reduce energy costs. It comes at an affordable price hence good for any budget.
4. Duronic AF1/B Healthy Oil Free 1500W Air Fryer
If you have been trolling the shops and looking at big brand names, troll no more because Duronic fryer is what you have been missing. The fryer has guaranteed excellent results. You can use it to cook fish, sausage, chicken, bacon, chips and many others. The foods are tasty with little or no oils. Be sure that this fryer will take over cooking in your kitchen.
- Duronic AF1 has an adjustable temperature control.
- It has a dishwasher safe basket and bowl.
- Uses air circulating system that cooks healthy food with little or no oil.
- It has a closed cooking system that provides a splatter free experience and safe odour.
- It has a bigger basket than other fryers.
- Faster cooking time.
- Food is evenly cooked.
- Fantastic cooking results.
- Chips cooked with the fryer are a bit dryer than those cooked in deep oil.
- Food can take longer to cook than the recommended time.
Duronic AF1/B Air Fryer has an ideal solution to those looking for an appliance with a big dishwasher. You can get this air fryer even at a tight budget. For fantastic cooking results, try this appliance and reap the assured benefits.
5. Tefal ActiFry Family Express XL Low Fat Healthy Fryer
ActiFry is an excellent product that comes at a great price. It is an ideal product for cooking chips. It has a serving size of 6 serves. It’s versatile and can cook stir-fry, curries and much more.
- ActiFry has an audible timer that you can set up to 99 minutes.
- It has a mixing paddle and hot air pulse.
- Dishwasher safer parts.
- Cooks tasty chips.
- The lid is of poor quality. It keeps on breaking.
This appliance is ideal to those who want to cook food for a long time while doing other things at the same time since it has a timer that can be set up to 99 minutes. It’s one of the cheap Air Fryers in the market.
Which Is The Best Air Fryer?
Each Air Fryer has its own uniqueness. Your individual tastes and preferences should dictate the best fryer ideal for you. However, the Philips Collection fryer is the best Air fryer anyone shopping for a fryer should have.
It is very economical for daily use as it precisely circulates super-heated air and its optimal heating profile gives the chance to cook a variety of dishes. It uses the rapid air technology, and its digital screen allows you to control time and temperature.
Choosing the best air fryer can be challenging as there are many options to choose from. It is wise to choose an air fryer depending on the quality of service it offers and its serving.
If you are looking for an inexpensive fryer with a faster cooking time and fantastic results, we recommended that you go for Duronic AF1/B. It has an adjustable temperature control, air circulating system, and a cooking system specifically designed to give you fantastic results.
If you are looking for a cheap fryer with a high number of servings, we recommend that you choose Tefal ActiFry. Take your time and choose wisely since buying the best fryer is part of the investments you will make to make your kitchen complete.